Doubtful Sound

I am very fortunate to have seen many beautiful places on this earth.

Doubtful Sound in the Fiorjland region in the south Island of New Zealand is now in my personal top 3 most beautiful.  (Patagonia – Mount Fitz Roy/El Chalten area and the Aitutaki Lagoon in the Cook Islands are the other two.)  These are places that are awe inspiring.

These are also places which generate emotion. Certain locations are powerful because when you are surrounded by such beauty, you cannot help to be overwhelmed by the joy and the knowledge that we – humans – are actually a part of this glorious nature on our planet earth.

Doubtful Sound was one of these places powerful enough to emotionally move me.

All photos and video were shot with a Nikon D7000

Music was recorded July 2012 in Kansas City – G.C.’s riff on Amazing Grace

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

11 Responses to “Doubtful Sound”

1. Mom
    September 16, 2012 at 1:13 pm #

Again oh my gosh! This video made me. Cry!…..shocked by that I am sure! What the two of you have seen is just so inspiring. GC you are doing a great job with the videos and the music is great! I love you both and keep enjoying. Mom

2. Dad
    September 16, 2012 at 1:34 pm #

Well done video! Beautiful!!

3. Charlotte
    September 16, 2012 at 10:00 pm #

Absolutely breathtaking!!!! Beautiful video! Thanks for sharing!

4. Rob Swenson
    September 17, 2012 at 2:49 am #

Nice video. Looks similar to Alaska. Thanks for sharing!

• September 17, 2012 at 4:59 am #

Thanks Rob – I have not been to Alaska but a couple people on the boat had and made lots of comparisons to their time there. Moved Alaska higher on the next to travel to list for me.

5. Tabitha
    September 17, 2012 at 2:43 pm #

Just amazing. I caught myself holding my breath and had to remember to breathe; that thought was soon followed by tears of pure awe.

• September 17, 2012 at 8:30 pm #

Thank you Tabitha – tears were in full effect on the boat and it makes me smile that the same can happen through the video.

6. Zack CK
    September 17, 2012 at 7:22 pm #

Well said. Well Shot. Well done.

Notes: Excellent video transitions – changing photos to the downbeats/progressions of the song (which was well played).

Talent seems to run in this family and I am more proud than ever to be a Cansler after reading about your travels, viewing your photography, and hearing your musical performance. It seems we have extremely similar passions and view points.

• September 17, 2012 at 8:28 pm #

Thank you Zack for the wonderful comment – We Cansler’s do love the arts and I’m glad we can share with each other since you are right, we do have extremely similar passions and views. (Proud of that fact too.) Makes for a fun and wonderful family.

7. Emily
    September 18, 2012 at 1:34 pm #

Awesomeness!!! I so enjoyed seeing this video and the music was fabulous. I can almost see you playing that. Keep safe and know we love you and God is watching over you each and every step of your journey! Take care.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks